Handouts and Presentations:
Sophomore Conference Powerpoint
Preparing for the Future: Sophomore
10th into 11th Grade Registration Form
Tutor Resource List - this is a list of community resources available for tutoring. Students can also request a tutor at REV in the Career Center.
Brag Sheet - complete this brag sheet, before you ask for a letter of recommendation.
- California Career Zone - a career exploration system. It connects users with California occupational options and colleges. Also includes budgeting tools.
- Career Cluster Interest Survey - Everyone has a different way to describe themselves and what they like to do. This 5-10 minute survey lets you rate activities you enjoy, your personal qualities, and school subjects you like. Then you can see which career clusters are a match for your interests.
- California Career Resource Network - The California Career Center (CalCC) is your career planning website with tools to help you map your future, whether looking ahead to college, apprenticeship, the military or other options.
- College Board - consider setting up an account on College Board. The college board website has information on taking the PSAT, SAT, test preparation, AP classes, college planning, financial aid and scholarship information
- Big Future - is a college board tool to help students start the planning process for college. It provides timelines for students, to make sure you are on track for college.
- Khan Academy - College Board has partnered with Khan Academy to provide practice for students taking the SAT. The SAT will be redesigned in March 2016, and Khan Academy has practice tools to help students with the new SAT.
- CaliforniaCollege.edu - a source for college and career planning in California